WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18th
- As far as we know, to date, no current UWC RCN student or staff member has been infected with the Covid-19 virus.
- As for all other sectors, changes within education have been rapid over the last weeks in many parts of the world, including the Nordic region. Given this development, we have little reason to think there will be ordinary exams in IB schools this May.
- Our prime concern continues to be the safety and well being of our students.
We have now reached a situation where we have to think long term about this.
Like everyone else, we rely on uncertain scenarios when it comes to predicting societal developments in the time to come. But recent developments have strengthened the likelihood that we will deal with a situation of restricted movement of people over many months.
- With regard to our overall capacity to support students on campus over time, we are now asking all students who know they can travel home, to do so.
We continue to help all our students with travel support.
- The most recent advice from Norwegian Health authorities on travel is:
People who are in quarantine, but who are symptom-free, may now leave Norway on condition that sound infection control measures are practiced during transport from the place of quarantine to the place of departure. For full info in English:
- We ask students from Norway, Sweden and Denmark who are still on campus to plan for immediate travel home.
- We will hold a short graduation style ceremony with students on Thursday morning
- We keep regular contact with our local health authorities. Like our recent major decisions, this one is made following consultation with them.
- We will keep up the academic program, with increased emphasis on online support
- .All our students are asked to contact their parents directly to share these recent updates and to hear if there are particular concerns from them.
- Any student or parent who feels uncertain about the viability of travelling home, will be taken care of by the College.
Parents can still contact the Rektor’s assistant directly on Hildegunn.Arstein@uwcrcn.no
180320 Jo Loiterton, Rektor