Red Cross Certificate
All students at the College must gain basic understanding of the Red Cross. Topics include:
- The fundamental principles of the Red Cross
- The Geneva Convention
- International Humanitarian Law
- The Red Cross organization
- Red Cross Youth
- Basic First Aid
The Red Cross Certificate programme will offer the opportunity for students to develop further knowledge of Red Cross principles and demonstrate their commitment to those principles through volunteer work.
Second-year students who wish to pursue the Red Cross Certificate need to fulfill the following two sections of requirements.
Basic First-Aid Course
All students at the College must complete a 12-hour Basic First Aid course. The course:
- focuses on important life-saving skills and
- provides an opportunity to learn the first aid response to the most common accidents and situations.
Students who pass the exam at the end of the course are awarded a Red Cross First Aid Certificate that is valid for three years.
Additional requirements for the Red Cross Certificate:
- Further knowledge of the Red Cross
- Cross-Cultural Communication Workshop
- Teamwork Workshop
- Conflict Resolution Workshop
- Besøksvenn course or Disaster Preparedness Workshop or Psychological First Aid Course
- Refugee Work / Awareness
- Volunteer work in the local Norwegian community