Temporary position as teacher of IB Group 1 Spanish Literature and English Language and Literature.
UWC Red Cross Nordic is an international boarding school situated on the west coast of Norway, catering to approximately 200 students from 90 countries. The students undertake IBDP as well as a rigorous extra academic program.
UWC Red Cross Nordic seeks a teacher of IB Group 1 Spanish Literature, in a combination with English Language and Literature. The position is temporary for 6 months, starting as soon as possible from January 1st 2021.
Desired qualifications and qualities:
- Able to teach IB Spanish Literature
- Able to guide students through School Supported Self-Taught Literature
- Able to teach English Language and Literature
- Knowledge and understanding of the IB Diploma Programme
- Energetic teacher with a demonstrated passion for teaching
- Able to teach a mixed range of students, with diverse backgrounds when it comes to the study of literature
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building skills
- Strong attention to detail in their organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate technology into teaching
- Previous experience from a residential school or a willingness to be fully engaged in residential life
- Previous experience of teaching IB DP
- Demonstrated leadership in experiential and/or service learning activities
The position entails a range of instructional and general responsibilities. The position is full time, but part time recruitment could be considered for candidates with strong Spanish qualifications.
To apply, please send your CV and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding the position can be addressed to Natasha Lambert, the DP Coordinator email@example.com and Hege Myhre , the Rektor, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.